The Montana WWAMI Medical Education Program is seeking physicians to serve as one of six Montana representatives on the University of Washington School of Medicine Admissions Committee. The term is for 3 years with the option of serving an additional three years. The term would begin in the fall of 2018 for the interview season, which begins in January of 2019.
The required qualifications for prospective committee members are:
1. An M.D. degree from a medical school accredited by the American Association of Medical Colleges.
2. The ability and willingness to donate without compensation (other than travel expenses) the time necessary to meet the responsibilities of the committee. Usually, this means a week of interviewing in Bozeman from Sunday-Friday in January or February, to interview candidates and to meet as a committee, as well as time to review written materials before and after those meetings. This is a significant time commitment.
3. The ability to participate in occasional educational sessions with the Dean of Admissions at the UWSOM and the Montana WWAMI Advisory Committee and other WWAMI activities as needed.
4. Interviewing skills.
5. A familiarity with current methods of medical education.
6. An understanding of those qualities and attributes necessary to be a successful medical student and a competent and compassionate physician.
It is desirable if committee members have the following additional qualifications:
1. Familiarity with the operation of the University of Washington School of Medicine and the WWAMI Medical Education Program.
2. Previous experience with medical school admissions procedures.
3. Familiarity with the physician workforce needs of Montana and how WWAMI medical school admissions may impact that need.
4. Familiarity with undergraduate medical education programs.
WWAMI and the University of Washington School of Medicine strive to maintain diversity and balance among its admission committee members with respect to race, gender, geography and other attributes. Physicians who may be interested in serving on this committee are encouraged to mail an application consisting of a C.V. and a cover letter explaining their interest and qualifications to:
Jay Erickson M.D. 525 Railway Street, Suite 100, Whitefish, MT 59937.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Dr. Jay Erickson M.D., Assistant Dean Montana WWAMI/Clinical Phase at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 406-862-3810. The deadline for applications is May 18, 2018. The selection of the Montana WWAMI admissions committee member is under the direction of the Commissioner of the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education of the Montana University System.